An A (Host) DNS record is used to point your domain name and host names to a static IP address. You can add or update your A records from the Domains page of your Wix account.Important:
If your domain is connected to Wix via pointing, you must add or update A records with your domain host (not Wix).
To add or update an A record:
- Go to the Domains page.
- Click the Show More icon next to the relevant domain and select Manage DNS Records.
- Add or update your domain's A record:
- Click + Add Record in the A (Host) section.
- Click Got it in the pop-up message.
- Click the Host Name field and enter the host name.
Note: Leave this field blank if instructed to add an @ sign.
- Click the Value field and enter an IP address the record points to.
- Click Save.
- Click Save Changes in the pop-up message.