1) When configuring a mailbox, we first need the mailbox settings.
2) If the mailbox is administered by one of the GetSpace servers, you can do so by logging in to the CPanel of the desired domain.
To log in to your cPanel via getspace client account use this step-by-step guide: https://support.getspace.eu/en/knowledgebase/article/how-to-log-onto-getspace-cpanel-platform
3) Go to Email> Email Accounts
4) Create a mailbox if it is not already created, if you see the mailbox you need, click on the right side of the desired E-mail. Mailboxes are located on the CONNECT DEVICES button.
If the mailbox is not created, to create ione you can use this step-by-step guide: https://support.getspace.eu/en/knowledgebase/article/how-to-create-an-email-account-in-cpanel-2
5) In the Mail Client Manual Settings section, you will see two different configurations provided: a) Secure SSL / TLS Settings (Recommended) b) Non-SSL Settings (NOT Recommended) Most often we choose an SSL connection if the configuration fails without SSL.
6) In this case, when configuring the Mailbox in Outlook, after opening it, click the “File” button on the top left and then “Account Settings”> “Account Settings”.
7) In the Email section, click “New” and choose IMAP Configuration or Manual Account Configuration, depending on the version of Outlook, the names may differ, but it is best to enter the data manually to keep the mailbox running smoothly.
8) When the next window opens, we enter the necessary information that you have previously received from the client's CPanel in the appropriate columns, except for the password if the e-mail You did not create the mailbox yourself from the client or the project manager (i.e. username, password, Incoming Server: IMAP: 993, Outgoing Server: SMTP Port: 465)
9) Make sure the data entered is correct and you are using SSL certificates for both Incoming Server and Outgoing Server.